Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fun with Books


Because of all the traveling time and the lifestyle in Ethiopia, I'm anticipating some good reading time. I'm going to post about some of the books I'm reading, so you can either pick up a copy and read along with me or just make a note of recommendations for later. First up, I just started reading Dark Star Safari by Paul Theroux.

He decides to start in Cairo, Egypt, and travel overland all the way down to Cape Town, South Africa, documenting as he goes. Twenty-six pages in, I'll venture to say Theroux seems a little cynical but probably pretty realistic. The mix of historical background and travel anecdotes makes it an interesting way to get an overview of a bunch of different countries. Let me know if you are joining this little international book club or if you have a suggestion for a future read.

3 comments:

DG said...

sherlock ivie

Unknown said...

...or possibly Nancy Drew.

LB said...

or britney spears back when she was a school girl.