Wednesday, September 19, 2007

M-I-C-See you real soon...

I’m in the Orlando airport, where I was eating gummy bears for dinner until I starting reading the back of the package that says "product of USA or Mexico or Brazil or Czech Republic or China or Indonesia." How can they not know?
I've been here since Monday with Doug and Kathryn (from my office in DC) and Abraham (who Doug referred to as “the special sauce of Ethiopia”). We spent some time with a group visiting from Kenya and some Orlando folks who have been really involved with one of the four school projects.
It was a great bridge between DC and Ethiopia because I was able to hang out with Doug and Kathryn and then have a slumber party with my former roommate Cris who was coincidentally in Orlando for work last night too. And I got to spend a lot of time with Abs and riddle him with my questions about Addis, his family, the schools near Axum, and the other projects we will be working on. It sounds like I will have a lot to do, including getting to spend a lot of time with the kids at the schools and group homes and writing about the projects…so that’s exciting. The only disappointing part of the trip was not being there when the Kenyans hit Disney World on Tuesday. Just picture it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Question: If Abraham is the special sauce of Ethiopia, what will that make you?

DG said...

disconcerting about this gummies...

Ki said...

haha I don't know. Since I'm not even there yet, I might not qualify for a nickname, but I'm open to suggestions...

Unknown said...

nice ethiopian mappage there. maybe they only make the red gummy bears in indonesia, the yellows in india, etc?