Saturday, October 6, 2007

Teanastëllën (Hello)

I made it! Sorry for the delayed post. I arrived in Addis late Tuesday night, but the internet here has been a little tricky so far. It has been a good few days. I am starting to get my bearings in the city, but I am still amazed at how many people there are walking around all the time. I feel so blessed to be with Abraham and his family. They are all so warm and welcoming, and his daughter Melat is so fun. She has started teaching me Amharic, but I think it's going to be a slow project. I've mastered the word ishee, which basically means "ok," and I plan on inserting it early and often in many conversations.

And I am experiencing some serious jetlag. I thought I had felt jetlag before, but I was wrong. I can only sleep for a few hours each night, and although I almost never have an appetite at meal times, I get hungry at really random times.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh this is so exciting! thinking of you...

DG said...

hi krist-

save the date: January 27th closing day for Dr Dremos.